Join the #PatientCenteredCare Conversation via #TwitterPosted: May 30, 2013 | |
Twitter continues to be my professional “go to” social media tool of choice for the following reasons:
- Healthcare and media colleagues who are on Twitter always prove to be highly knowledgeable and great sources of information.
- I can plug-in anytime and find the trending topics of the day.
- I can literally be in more than one place — following conferences or meetings remotely via hashtags.
- I can meet and discuss topics of interest with people I have never met.
- I can share an idea and get feedback from peers. For example, following is Tweet I sent this week and have received some great comments in return.
There are many more reasons Twitter is my “go to” tool, and I’m happy to share. Just ask! The main reason for this post is to continue the conversation above which originated on Twitter, and to invite our ETY readers to join me on Twitter (@tgranz) and engage with the lively #ptsafety & #meded communities. Please weigh in, as we would like to know:
WHAT DOES PATIENT CENTERED CARE MEAN TO YOU?